By honoring ancient wisdom and presenting it in an innovative way, Energetic Herbalism is a profound and practical guide to family and community care for those seeking to move beyond symptom relief and into a truly holistic framework of health. Throughout, author Kat Maier invites readers to explore their personal relationships with plants and their environs as they discover diverse models of healing.
Inside Energetic Herbalism, you’ll find:
- The elements and patterns of Ayurvedic doshas for greater self-awareness as well as positive lifestyle choices
- A deep appreciation of the wisdom of indigenous peoples, which is the foundation of sacred plant traditions
- The relationship of well-being to the seasons through the brilliant lens of Chinese Five Element Theory, and how our emotional health is beautifully expressed through the Elements
- The roots and evolution of Vitalism, the traditional Western system of energetic medicine
- How to assess imbalances in the body using the elegant and intuitive vocabulary of the six tissue states, an emerging tool in Western herbalism
- The senses as the main tools for navigating through energetic herbalism